What is Nurturing Teacher Leadership?
Nurturing Teacher Leadership has a success rate of more than 94%, twice the national average!
Nurturing Teacher Leadership, established in 1997, is the Chicago Teachers Union/Chicago Public Schools a 2 year program of professional development and candidate support that prepares Chicago Public School teachers for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification the highest credential a teacher can earn. It includes:
· CTU/CPS Bargaining Agreement annual stipend
· small group facilitation
· collaboration with a cohort of other CPS NBPTS candidates
· individual candidate support from a National Board Certified Teacher
· technical support
· personal mentoring
· 7-day Summer Institute
· resource materials
· 24/7 computer lab access
· NBCT renewal support
· retake support
· Assessment Center simulations
· weekly classes
· optional Master’s Degree opportunities
ATTEND OUR INFORMATIONAL MEETING
Chicago Teachers Union Foundation
1901 W. Carroll Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612